Quality Enhancement Cell
- The Quality Enhancement Cell (QEC) is to be headed by a Dean reporting directory to Vice Chancellor/ Rector. He is to be the correspondent with the outside bodies.
- QEC is responsible for promoting public confidence that the quality and standards of the award of degrees are enhanced and safeguarded.
- QEC is responsible for the review of quality standards and the quality of teaching and learning in each subject area.
- QEC is responsible for the review of academic affiliations with other institutions in terms of effective management of standards and quality of programs.
- QEC is responsible for defining clear and explicit standards as points of reference to the reviews to be carried out. It should also help the employees to know as to what they could expect from candidates.
- QEC is responsible to develop qualifications framework by setting out the attributes and abilities that can be expected form the holder of a qualification, i.e. Bachelors, Bachelor with honors, Master’s, M.Phil., Doctoral.
- QEC is responsible to develop programs specifications. These are standards set information clarifying what knowledge, understanding, skills & others attributes a student will have developed on successfully completing a specific program.
- QEC is responsible to develop quality assurance process and methods of evaluation to affirm that the quality of provision and the standards of awards are being maintained and to foster curriculum, subject and staff development, together with research and other scholarly activities.
- QEC is responsible to ensure that the university’s quality assurance procedures are designed to fit in with the arrangements in place nationally for maintaining and improving the quality of Higher Education.
- QEC is responsible to develop procedures for the following:
- Approval of new programs
- Annual monitoring and evaluation including program monitoring, such as faculty monitoring and student’s perception
- Student feedback
- Employer feedback
- Quality assurance of Master’s, M.Phil, and Ph.D degree programs
- Subject review
- Institutional assessment
- Program specifications
- Quality framework
Dr. Nasir Shaheen
Assistant Professor (Center for Management and Commerce)
Dr. Sajjad Hussain
Lecturer (Center for education and Staff Training)
Office # 3-4, PTCL Campus, University of Swat
Sector-E, Kanju Township, District Swat.