Department of Social and Gender Studies
Department of Social and Gender Studies currently offers MA Sociology.
The discipline of Sociology educates students about social world around them. They are empowered through Sociological knowledge, skills and commitment to work for socio-economic development. They are trained how to resolve different conflicts through dialogue and discussion.
The department is also imparting Sociological knowledge and skills to students of other disciplines and faculties of University of Swat to develop their understanding about social problems that they face in their daily life.
Promotion of peace, tolerance and mutual respect in society
Strengthening of Social Institutions through sociological research and teaching.
- To graduate students of Sociology with Sociological knowledge and professional skills to work for peace, tolerance and sustainability of society.
- To integrate academic research with developmental activities of government and non-government organizations
- To enlighten all stakeholders of society about their resources, social problems and solution.
- MA in Sociology
- BS in Sociology
The Department currently offers MA (02 years) and BS (04 years) Programs in Sociology.
The Department has successfully graduated its first Batch of Session 2013-2015, second Batch of MA sociology, Session
2014-16, and as well as 3rd Batch of MA Sociology, session 2017-19.
The Department also offers BS Sociology (04 years program) in Sociology and has enrolled the following batches:
First batch of BS Program in 2016 i.e. Session 2016-2020.
Second Batch has been enrolled in 2017 i.e Session 2017-2021.
Third Batch of BS Sociology was enrolled in 2018 i.e. Session 2018-2022.
Fourth Batch of BS Sociology enrolled in 2019 i.e session 2019 – 2023
• At least 45 % marks in F.A/F.Sc
MA Sociology (2-Year)
• At least 45% marks in B.A/B.Sc
Dr. AbdullahAssistant Professor
PHD, University of Peshawar
Mr. Asghar KhanLecturer
MPhil in Sociology