Department of Law & Shari’a
The Department of Law and Shari’a, University of Swat, is the 3rd of its kind in the entire country. It is the flagship Department of the University that is striving hard to enlighten the seeking minds not only with the religious knowledge but, also enrich them with the science of modern law. Students, after completing the degree shall have a thorough and correct understanding of Quran, Hadith, Fiqh and principals of Islamic Jurisprudence, besides preparing them to compete in the market as law practitioners.
Law and Shari’a is a five- year degree programme aiming to attain the highest standards not only in academics but, also in research. Research work of this Department and other contributors will be periodically published in its proposed “Journal of Law and Sharia”
To make faculty of law and sharia a very distinctive center of excellence which will provide legal education and produce graduates having full grasp of sharia and common law principles.
To produce law graduates who are also to meet the challenges of today and tomorrow.
- To update our curriculum regularly to cater the needs of present and future so that our law graduates are going to be the asset for both bar and bench.
- To develop assessment ability and analysis skills of both common law and Islamic Law amongst students.
- To streamline the various courses that already existed as part of the previous B.A, LL.B. Sharia & Law Program.
- To compensate students for the time consumed by them in studying Arabic Language by awarding them Diploma of Arabic Language for Study of Sharia (DASS).
- To socialize the students with various ambiguous situation requiring decision making.
- To develop ethical, moral & religious values amongst students.
- BA LL.B (Law & Sharia’h)
Applicant must have minimum 50 % marks in higher secondary school certificate or equivalent from recognized board / institute.
Dr. Lutfullah Saqib
Mr. Amjad Hilal
Mr. Taj Muhammad