College of Home Sciences
The department of Home Economics is a constituent department of Women Campus. It is offered professional level highly specialized and technical courses in five different disciplines of Home Economics i.e., Art & Design, Food & Nutrition, Human Development & Family Studies, Management Studies and Textile & Clothing. Such subjects enhance and add to the professional and transferable skills of young women and thus empower them to become the leaders of positive and productive change within their surrounding communities as well as nationwide through active participation in discussions and decision making at home as well as at national level.
The vision of the department is to produce outstanding graduates who use specialized skills and knowledge of Home Economics to influence the well-being of individual, families, the nation and its people.
The department of Home Economics is the second government inclusion in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa which came forward with a mission of bringing a social change based on the assurance of a healthy environment where individuals will be able to live in mutual coexistence, well equipped with the guiding principles of tolerance and mutual understanding. Home Economics recognize homes as the foundation of development and integrity of family as an inevitable requisite for the establishment of homes. Thus the institute struggles to improve the quality of day-to-day living of families and consumers and prepares them to combat the issues and challenges which require understanding of societal developments based on local, national as well as international grounds. The department takes the noble responsibility of molding the females of the surrounding area into useful beings of the society by polishing their skills and gives them full opportunities to use their rights of expression and freedom to enter into a noble profession without ignoring their position as a building block of a family. The department intends to strengthen its foundation on the principles of quality education, equal access and merit.
- Preparation of the individuals to become professionals for the development of community and environment.
- To provide up-to-date and modern education to the students and to develop social sensibilities and prepare the students to manage their various roles not only as individuals but also as family members and citizens of the state.
- To gear women towards a number of professional careers thus providing them countless opportunities to improve their living standards.
- To give realization to the women about the importance of their distinct role as nation builders.
- To expose the students to the modern knowledge and technology in order to familiarize them with the advancements in the industrial sector.
- To educate women so that they may be able to make themselves useful individuals as well as may play their role as effective members of a family.
- To contribute to the improvement of quality and standard of life in Pakistan and to strengthen the family as the foundation of the nation.
Home Economics is a field of study that encompasses an array of skills related to the management of households. The nationwide high scope of Home Economics offers various job positions for Home Economists. Few of such career opportunities are listed below:
- Instructor in Vocational institutes, Lecturer, Arts and Home Economics School Teacher
- Banker, Supervisor, Manager, HR Officer, Quality Control Officer, Event Organizer
- Textile, Interior, furniture, fashion Designer, Master trainer
- Artist, Creative Writer, Sculpturist, Painter, Researcher
- Calligrapher, Creative Editor, NGO worker
- Consultant, Nutritionist/Child and female’s diet adviser
- Home architect, community mobilizer
Field of Specializations
- Art &Design
- Textile & Clothing
- Food & Nutrition Sciences
- Human Development& Family Studies
- Resource and Facility Management