Dr. Shahid Ali
1. Mr. Sagheer Ahmad
2. Mr. Sadeeq Ahmad
3. Mr. Said-Ul-Abrar
4. Mr. Shakir Ullah (Junior Clerk)
5. Mr. Zia ur Rehman (Junior Clerk)
Postal address: Kanju Township, Sector-D, District Swat, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan.
The Provost Office University of Swat was established in 2011 and is performing the following functions.
In order to stream line, the whole admission procedure and provide one window operation to students seeking admission in various courses.
The Provost/ Admissions Office is headed by a Provost, assisted by Deputy Provost and professional staff of the admissions office who are responsible for matters concerning the admissions procedures of all Undergraduate.
The functions of the Admission Office are:
- To manage publications of the University prospectus for Undergraduate, Postgraduate level and Higher Studies.
- To finalize Admission schedules, calendars and give them wide publicity.
- To deliver admissions-related services to all constituencies both in the public and private sectors.
- To Collect, Scrutinize and Process applications forms received for admissions to various levels.
- To Prepare merit lists according to the University admission criteria and display these in the respective departments/colleges/centers.
- To Co-ordinate with concerned University departments in matters relating to admissions.
- To ensure compliance with admission standards, policies and regulations.
To monitor other designated management responsibilities such as migration, equivalence of academic credentials/programs and attendance rules.
- Students’ Affairs/Students’ Societies
Co-curricular activities play a vital role in the academic and social life of students. Such activities admitted invigorate healthy relationship among the students and develop the sense of co-ordination in the living-learning process of the students, faculty and administration. These activities are vital for the physical, social and psychological growth of the students.
The Provost being the Incharge of Director Students’ Affairs/ Students’ Societies has thefollowings aims and objectives.
- To enhance the creative potential of the students.
- To polish the hidden qualities of the students.
- To induce/ stir a sense of love, altruism and service to the humanity in the students.
- To prepare the students to face the challenges of practical life.
- To inculcate, in students, the spirit of healthy competition.
- To prepare the students for future challenges in the global context.
- To promote teamwork among the students.
- To give them a sense of responsibility and ownership.
- To inculcate leadership potential in students.
- Plans and arranges social, cultural, and recreational activities of various student groups, according to university policies and regulations: Meets with student and faculty groups to plan activities.
- Evaluates programs and suggests modifications
- Schedules events to prevent overlapping and coordinates activities with sports and other university programs.
- Schedules events to prevent overlapping and coordinates activities with sports and other university programs
- Contacts caterers, entertainers, decorators, and others to arrange for scheduled events
- Conducts orientation program for new students with other members of faculty and staff.
- Promotes student participation in social, cultural, and recreational activities
- May coordinate preparation and publishing of student affairs calendar.
The University Hostels located on the Campus of the University shall be under the control of the Provost. The Provost will perform the following functions under the capacity of Hostels Management.
- The Provost shall convene meetings of the Wardens and Assistant Wardens from time to time to discuss matters concerning the affairs of the hostels and make suitable recommendations for implementation and smooth functioning of the hostels.
- The Provost shall also convene a meeting of the Wardens and Assistant Wardens if a request is made by a warden to discuss some urgent and pressing issue.
- The Provost shall keep informed the Vice Chancellor in respect of all matters of importance relating to the affairs of the hostels, resident-students’ activities. He shall obtain the approval of the Vice Chancellor for any action, which he or proposes regarding the management of hostels.
- The Provost shall be the sanctioning authority for all kinds of expenditure subject to the Financial Rules of the University of Swat.