World Mental Health Day 10th Oct 2018 was celebrated with great zeal and enthusiasm at University of Swat.
· Honorable Vice Chancellor, Prof. Dr. Muhammad Jamal Khan graced the occasion as a Chief Guest.
· Various drawings and charts were presented by the students expressing the theme of World Mental Health Day.
· The winners and position holder, for chart competition were decided by the Vice Chancellor and committee through the theme description process by the students.
· Then there was a Welcome speech by the Head of Department Mr. Faheem Uddin. He highlighted the progress and developments made in Department of Psychological Studies. He added that large number of students and community member approach the department for psychological help and counseling services. The department faculty and students work hard to facilitate the people in this regard. The department is going to launch more productive programs in the near future.
· It was followed by a Presentations by Asghar Ali, Shafiullah and Adila (BS 7th and MSc 4th Semester students) on the topic “Young People and Mental Health in the Changing World” which is the theme of World Mental Health Day, 2018.
· Prof. Dr. Lutfullah Saqib (Dept of Law and Sharia, University of Swat) was Guest Speaker on the occasion and delivered a thought provoking lecture on "Positive Thinking".
· Shields and certificates were awarded to winners of competition, organizer and participants.