Department of Psychological Studies
The aim to open department of Psychology at University of Swat is to develop in the students those qualities, which fit them to fill worthily their places in their homes and in society. The Department of Psychology start functioning from 17th October 2012.The department is in its initial period and besides developing in our students the understanding of psychology both practically and theoretically, we focus on the inculcation of moral grooming as well as integrity. Great weight is given to Valued Education Classes. In order to maintain standard results, this department tries its best. Well qualified and pain taking faculty has been provided. We are expecting from our students to have special concern for the environment and to respect life in all its forms.
Department of Psychology offers BS Psychology (4 years) program. This four years degree program comprises of 8 semesters with minimum of 132 semester credit hours (SCH). There is a fall and a spring semester in each year.
It also offers M.Sc (2 years) Program. The first batch of M.Sc (session 2012-14) is passing out.
Aims and Objectives:
- To provide excellent education.
- To train and prepare graduate students, for careers in scientific psychology and scientifically based professional practice.
- To carry out these educational goals on the principles of scholarly excellence, interdisciplinary collaboration and wide ranging psychological services.
- To assist students in developing skills and knowledge necessary for success in endeavors after completion of the degree.
- To impart a high quality and versatile education in congenial learning environment, where students are motivated to acquire modern knowledge in the field of Psychology and prove the effective practitioners and scholars in the future and hence to contribute to the development of the country by working on psychological and social problems.
We offer a rear amalgamation of practical and relevant knowledge sharpened by transferable skills such as team work, communication and leadership that is needed for the future life/career. Students are imparted education in a way that provides academic excellence, originality and a broad vision, students practically and theoretically work on real problems, in real times and real life.
The development of the professional skills of the students and to fulfill the demand of the growing interest in higher degrees, initiating M. Phil. and Ph D and Diploma programs in the specialized subjects is among the goals for our future vision. We also aim to establish linkages with the international institutions in research and education. The Department of Psychology is also planning to open therapeutic centre for the students and community in order to give them counseling and guidance. This will help them to overcome their psychological and social problems. We work to facilitate our students to become better psychologists and work to decrease distress and promote psychological well-being with a variety of population including children, adults and families. The goals of students include:
- Diagnosis: Interview, test & behavioral observation
- Treatment: Planning, monitoring Therapy and intervention and prevention
- Testing: Intelligence tests, personality tests, aptitude tests.
- Research work
Head Of The Department
Mr. Faheem Ud dinE-mail: email@example.com
Details: M.Phil scholar, University of Peshawar BS Psychology Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Roya Shahhiman Zada
Ms. Palwasha Rahim